Friday, January 9, 2015

Happy New Year

I try to set goals for myself on a regular basis, but today, I'm tackling this list (found on one of my favorite blogs):


A bad habit I'm going to break:
Using my phone as my alarm clock - or ideally, bringing my phone into the bedroom, period. I don't want to be tempted with Pinterest when I should be getting ready to sleep.

A new skill I'd like to learn:
To play guitar. I have an appointment to set up lessons tomorrow!

A person I hope to be more like: 
It might sound cheesy, but I admire my husband in a lot of ways, and I'm trying to learn from his consistently positive outlook and his charisma.

A good deed I'm going to do:
Volunteer with Food Forward, an amazing local organization that coordinates help to harvest fruit from people who can't make use of their backyard abundance, and donates it to those in need.

A place I'd like to visit:
Local wineries! I've lived in California now for over a year and haven't visited any since being here.

A book I'd like to read:
I have Ann Mah's "Mastering the Art of French Eating" sitting here waiting to be read.  This is an easy one since I got a Kindle for Christmas. I can read all of the books!!

A letter I'm going to write:
Not just one letter - I'd like to send more things by mail to my ailing grandmother. I think she'd appreciate pictures since I don't think she'll get to visit me in California.

A new food I'd like to try: 
I got Ottolenghi's "Plenty More" for my birthday (an amazing gift from my husband) and I'm waiting for pomelos to be in season here so I can try one of the salads. I've never had a pomelo!

I'm going to do better at:
Staying in touch with old friends. Something I say every time I see an old friend!


Have you made resolutions for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment