Saturday, February 1, 2014

Happy weekend

Here's some interesting reads I found this week:

Yoga

Everyone's going on and on in the internet yoga community about this article. The assigning editor wrote her response. Another writer from the same site gave her opinion. Personally, I liked this smart response. And now I'm officially over it, which brings me to...

Feminism

...this interesting piece on feminism's toxic Twitter wars. Luckily I mostly read, and not post on twitter about my opinion, but I could see how difficult it could be if you are heavily invested in the medium and receive a lot of backlash. 

Food

Are you a property owner in the LA area with fruit trees overburdened with their production? Sign up here to donate your excess to a good cause. If you don't have that particular blessing of too much fruit, but are still looking to give in another way, you can register here for various events to help collect and harvest fresh food. Food Forward is an amazing organization that rescues fresh, local produce that would otherwise go to waste, connecting this abundance with people in need. I plan on joining in myself.

The benefits of Food Stamps (definitely worth the click through)...

Which will be cut by $8 billion over 10 years by the recently passed farm bill.

Random

The Napoleon complex, explained. As a short person, this might explain a lot. 

This physical art is so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment