Friday, January 31, 2014

Happy Friday.



I'm not going to lie. I'm feeling a little bit exhausted. Starting a new job and acclimating to a new space, new energy, new politics. It really has been draining. I'm extremely grateful to be where I am, and I'm definitely learning new things, which is all I really was hoping for this opportunity to be. And it's only my second day. After being freelance/unemployed/underemployed since October, it is a bit of a harsh shift for me, not even considering the fact that I was very spoiled with a cushy position in my last job. This is a whole new ball game. 


And, speaking of ball games, apparently it's the Super Bowl this weekend. I won't be watching this year (!) since Rob will be working and I'll be free to watch anything I want. Most years we have people over and serve up fun food, so at least I'm paying attention to being a hostess, instead of the sport: last year we did quesadillas to order, one year we did a big batch of chili, and one year we did wine and cheese pairings. Because of course wine and cheese go with football - in my house at least. If you're going to make me watch a sport I'd better get to enjoy what I'm eating and drinking. Honestly, I don't think I've watched more than a few minutes of football over the years - and I like it that way! Well, anyway, If you're watching the game, have fun! and don't eat too much junk if you can help it. Think of me - I'll be spending my weekend sleeping late, doing yoga, and relaxing. And not watching football.

No comments:

Post a Comment