Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Happy ever after.

It's hard to know where to begin when wedding planning! Especially when most of the guides/sites/blogs are about a much bigger event than I'm hoping to have. 

Rob and I got engaged in March (wow, how time flies!). I was super excited (obv) that we were both ready for a deeper commitment.  We had been discussing leaving New York for years, and deliberating where we wanted to spend the next part of our lives. So, in 
May we officially decided we were going to move to California. We gave ourselves one last summer in New York,and drove across the country in October.


Here's us at the Grand Canyon. It was chilly in the shade.

We agreed to put all wedding planning on hold, since the trip was an investment in itself, and since we're not sure where exactly we will end up living and what kind of space we will have, and what our routines will be like. 



Here's my feet in sunny Santa Fe. It is a beautiful little city.

BUT we can still plan certain things for our special day. Like the cake. Or, as I think we will have instead - donuts. 



I'm inspired by this donut-tier from this real wedding

In New York, the only good donuts I ever had were from Krispy Kreme, and the only Krispy Kreme I ever went to closed down. So the only other donut option was Dunkin' Donuts. In California, neighborhoods have small, family owned donut shops, and DD doesn't even exist! 



I never went to DD - I've always more of a Starbuck's girl. I prioritize coffee. (Fact: my first appliance purchase of my life was a Breville espresso machine. Totally worth the investment.) And wouldn't you know it - there are also little, independently owned coffee shops everywhere in California. It's amazing.

Anyway. The donuts at the local shops here are SPECTACULAR. I personally prefer salty to sweet in my indulgences but I still have a soft spot for these freshly-made donuts. 

I'll need a pretty tiered stand, like this wooden one:


Or maybe a more modern style, like these stacked glass stands:


The flowers are a whole different story. That will take some more deliberation. I'm just happy we've planned the first element of our wedding, and that it's something delicious, simple, and totally DIY-able.


No comments:

Post a Comment