Friday, January 10, 2014

Happy Friday.

I have a lazy weekend planned, filled with lounging in the California sunshine, catching up on some work, and cooking. I bought a beautiful orange cauliflower at the farmers market yesterday, and I'm debating whether to try something new. 



Generally, I just roast cauliflower, because it gets this sweet, creamy delicious flavor, and it's super simple with just a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. But I'm considering trying something a little different this time. 



I'm a huge salad fan, and I like to throw quinoa in at every opportunity, so of course I love this beautiful Roasted Cauliflower, Chickpea and Quinoa salad. This is definitely something I can see myself throwing together - delicious, easy, with multiple layers of texture and flavor. 


I'm fascinated by this idea of a whole roasted tandoori cauliflower - I've got everything but cardamom in my spices. This would definitely be outside of my cooking comfort zone, and I like a good challenge. I think it's good to go outside the lines every once in a while. 

I'm consistently blown away by how much better all the fruits and veggies are than what I had gotten used to in New York. I'm so grateful to be here in California. The fresh and local lifestyle is definitely - so far - the #1 most amazing part of living here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment