Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Shopping for: the White Button Down

Today's my first day in my new full-time job (hooray!) and of course I've already planned what I'm wearing for my first week, since it's already Wednesday and my week's only three days long. I'm dreaming of a new perfect plain white button down blouse, and I'm loving these:



I worry that the Equipment blouses are a little sheer for a corporate professional environment. I also think the Signature is a bit loose cut to plan to wear with a traditional suit jacket, but I'd love it or the Slim with jeans or on a casual Friday.


This white utility blouse from Banana is a decent budget silk option, and keeps the double-chest-pocket styling and has a cut that seems right in that perfect space between fitted and loose. BR blouses tend to fit me really well, but in my experience, you're looking at a few seasons at best, which means you'll need to replace it and end up spending more in the long run anyway. For something that's as classic and timeless as the white button-down, it would be worth it (imo) to spend the extra cash for a higher quality version.


If you're looking for a more traditional fit, this basic button down by Burberry Brit is a tailored, slim-fit style, and you're getting the quality materials and durability you're probably looking for in your white-shirt wardrobe workhorse.


I know, this one's not your classic button-down style, but I had to throw it in because I LOVE it. Such an update on the classic, with simple, clean lines and the perfect balance between fitted and loose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment